JG Development, Inc. was founded in 1990 by Jeff Grundahl and is now co-owned by Jeff and his wife Mary Grundahl.
Jeff and Mary are long-time residents of Mount Horeb, Wisconsin. Together, their goal is continued growth of JG Development and its four divisions, and the industries and communities they impact.
Mary has a professional background in sales. She is the current president of the Mount Horeb Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors and current chair of the Mount Horeb Economic Development Corporation New Business Outreach Committee (MHAEDC).
Jeff has more than 25 years of experience in residential and commercial new construction and remodeling, and entrepreneurship. He is a National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) Certified Remodeler and the 2016 recipient of a NARI Lifetime Achievement Award. He currently serves on the NARI of Madison Board of Directors and MHAEDC Land Use Development and Workforce Development Committees.
Jeff and Mary are proud to lead a team of nearly 50 professionals who operate from the company’s offices in downtown Madison and Blue Mounds, Wisconsin.
JG Development is proud to share with its clients many local, regional and national awards, a true testament to our commitment to clients and the quality of work we strive to achieve. We invite you to visit our division websites for a complete listing of awards:
- Brio Design Homes: Our residential new construction awards
- Vive Home Transformations: Our residential remodeling awards
- National Construction: Our commercial construction awards
- NCI-Roberts Construction: Our church, Christian school and nonprofit construction awards
At JG Development, we know that our team is the key to our success. We are committed to creating a workplace and jobsites where integrity and accountability are encouraged and recognized. We offer competitive pay and benefits, and high-quality training and resources. We are currently seeking qualified and motivated candidates for the following positions:
Carpenter: Posted: 10/24/2017
The primary focus of this important position is to provide quality production of construction projects by using carpentry skills to construct and finish buildings and other structures, while also ensuring the details of all customer needs and the company mission are achieved.
- Assist in building and finishing structures for residential sites and for home improvement
- Ability to relay critical information (both written and mathematical) to construct structures using materials and equipment
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Adept at establishing relationships with all parties involved in the construction process that facilitates strong working relationships during the project and permits prompt resolution of problems and conflicts as they occur
- Ability to organize assigned tasks for completion in the most efficient manner, alone or with help, when required
- Being responsible and aware of all project schedules and the ability to complete directions on all projects to facilitate schedules and meet customer objectives.
- Updating job knowledge by participating in and following instructions and training that is provided
Other duties include:
- Clearing and maintaining residential construction sites to be safe work zones and removing hazardous materials and maintaining a clean job site
- Performing a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in residential construction projects (such as loading and unloading trucks and hauling and hoisting materials)
Knowledge/Skills/Qualifications and Expectations:
- Experience in residential construction and remodeling trades, practice, procedures and techniques,
- Experience with tools and equipment; including electric and pneumatic hand tools, lifts, vehicles and trailers
- Knowledge of building codes, standards, materials and use
- Skill in reading and understanding blueprints, plans and specifications
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer service, problem-solving and people skills
- Knowledge of and practice safe working methods
- High accuracy in work with a strong attention to detail to meet quality control standards and cost control standards (ability to manage change order management)
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule as well as work in a team environment as an effective member
- Ability to perform tasks on all areas and aspects of construction projects by lifting heavy objects, walking and standing for long periods of time and performing strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. Requires the ability to climb ladders, work with tools, lumber, materials, lifting and manipulating objects, the ability to push, pull, and carry objects
- Valid driver’s license with proof of insurability is required
- Willingness and ability to travel if requested
Apply Today to become part of a great team!
We invite you to explore our galleries of current and recently completed projects in various stages of construction. It doesn’t always look pretty during the process, but the end results are often stunning and always completed to customer satisfaction.
If you have a question about a particular project, send us an email or give us a call at (608) 437-6181, and we’ll be glad to help you.
- Residential new construction and remodeling projects – by our divisions Brio Design Homes and Vive Home Transformations
- Commercial construction projects – by our division National Construction
- Church, Christian school and nonprofit projects – by our division NCI-Roberts Construction